I’m going to hop on my soap box for a minute and preach to you. I promise it won’t last long.
One of the best running (and personal!) decisions I made after moving to Colorado was joining a running group.
Why join a running group?
- keep you accountable for your running – hey, you don’t want to suck wind in a group so you make sure to keep up with your running between group runs
- learn about new places to run
- advice on shoes, gear, the best races in town
- support – we all have tough runs and bad days, having a running support group is mentally beneficial
- its FUN! running with a group is 100x better than running alone
Your next question might be, “okay, I’m believer now, running groups are AMAZING – now where do I find one?”
I found my running group, Team Luna Chix Denver Run, through Meetup. Meetup had HUNDREDS of Denver running groups to choose from but I chose Team Luna Chix because I really wanted an all -women’s running that was a little more organized than ones with group titles like “meet me at Joe’s on wed”. Luna is an established brand that supports women, healthy lifestyles, fitness and has a delicious product to boot! So I figured a Luna sponsored running group would be a perfect fit for me.
PLUS we do awesome things together like the Kiss Me Dirty Mud Run
Not sure Meetup is the way to go for you? Try asking your local running store if they have a running group – the runner store up the road from where I live also has a weekly evening run! Other places to look are rec/community centers, colleges and fitness centers.
What are you waiting for! Get out there and find some run buddies!! Already found your dream running group? – tell me about!!