It snowed this morning here in Denver. not happy about it. This is my Friday least favorite thing. At least I have an excuse stay in on a Friday night, drink tea and blog/ have a netflix marathon….like I really needed an excuse for that :P
Now for my actual Friday Fav Five
1. I got my corral number for the Denver Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon…lucky #7! This also makes me feel really nervous/excited because it’s getting really close to race day and it’s kind of hitting me that yeah, I’m running a half marathon in 16 days. crazy.
2. my totally awesome mom read my blog post about pain in my arches and sent me this great “happy feet” care package. Having a mom who is a personal trainer definitely has its perks.
3. That same awesome mom also remembered one of favorite things about fall is that the Oh Henry candy bars come back on the shelf for a limited time…yes I know they’re neither dairy or gluten free, but once a year they’re worth the trouble.
4. I personalized my HeadSweats Velocity visor. Thinking about going back to add a little something else…maybe a cupcake with SPRINKLES
5. I have a 10K this weekend! YAY for race weekends…I look forward to the extra early bedtimes and eating my go to pre-race power meal of wild rice and broccoli (I’m pretty sure that Oh Henry bar negates that healthy stuff)
Happy Friday Everyone :)
What’s everyone up to this weekend? Race, long run, shopping trip???
…whoa that’s a lot of F’s!! (FFGFFF) So I’m going to try doing the whole “favorite things Friday style blog posts – bear with me, here we go…
1. Newton Running customer support I cannot say enough how much I love Newton Running – both their shoes and business. About a month ago I got the Newton Gravity and recently noticed that I’ve been getting pain in my arches when I run in them further than about 4 miles. I popped onto their website and had a great and totally helpful chat with Liz from Newton customer support. I was concerned I needed a shoe with more arch support (I’ve never had this problem with my Terra Momentum) and was wondering if she would advice getting a shoe insert or possibly trying another model to be my road runners. The answer Liz gave was superb – she didn’t try to sell me anything new – and instead she sent me a whole bunch of videos about how to strengthen and stretch my feet so that running in a shoe with a smaller heel-to-toe drop doesn’t hurt. She assured me that over time by gradually increasing my mileage in the Gravity shoes my feet would become stronger. Kuddos to Newton Running for having a customer support team who knows their stuff!
2. Being able to run in the evenings and not die from the 100 degree weather Thank you fall for finally showing your face in Denver and giving me the option to run while the sun is actually up.
3. weekend long runs with my fav running buddy followed by brunch long runs are so much easier to look forward to when you know you’ll have your favorite running buddy by your side AND some delicious brunch waiting for you at the end.
4. butternut squash soup it just screams cozy fall dinner to me
5. fall scented candles and “fall-ifying” my apartment yes, I just coined the term “fall-ify” – it means to make something fall-festivity. I’ll bust out the pumpkin spice and caramel apple delight candles, cozy blankets and a candy jar full of CANDY CORN.
I hope everyone has a good start to the weekend. Race weekend or long run?