…and by that I mean I run AWESOMELY (is that even a word? it is now)
This morning I ran with my Team Luna Chix and it was FREEZING..like hello we skipped fall and right to winter weather. It was a good thing I had my ladies to keep me company on my 5 mile pacer – otherwise I probably would have wimped out because I forgot my gloves and my fingers were becoming icicles. We fixed that problem by going to have our usual coffee date afterwards – I asked for an extra extra, “like as hot as you’re legally allowed to make it” (<–my exact words to the barista), soy chai latte.
I got these at our run today as a Team Luna Chix goodie, they are delicious
– I’m trying not to eat them off my lips.
After getting home and warming up, I went on a mission. I was a girl on a mission to find the perfect running skirt. Here’s what I ended up with:
Pearl Izumi Infinity Run Skirt from the Elite Series
perfect length shorts underneath
reflective lime green accents.
and yes that is a stuffed giraffe wearing a tiara.
I tired on about a million (okay probably more like 7) different brands and styles – which was really beneficial
and time consuming because I figured out what I did and did not like in a skirt.
Things I now know to look for in a skirt
- a least one side slit, so I don’t feel like my stride is constrained, OR options to ruched up the side a little
- boy shorts underneath, at least 3 inch inseam
- those boy shorts need to have a grippy thing around your leg – I hate when shorts ride up
- well thought out pockets – big enough for my beloved Gu or car key (I don’t run with my phone now so that wasn’t an issue to look for), in a easy to reach location while on the go, and the zipper works well – no snagging please
- fabric type – a lot of brands I tried that a really heavy spandex/cotton type fabric that weighed a ton – I like to keep it light and flowy
- adjustable waist band – I don’t know about you but I like my running skirts to stay up and on, no mid-run wardrobe malfunctions
- look for sales, nice running gear can get pricey, but you can usually find great stuff on sale if you’re willing to spend a little more time looking and its totally worth it not to cheap out on your running gear – good quality products will take you through multiple race seasons
And MOST importantly – it has to come in cute colors.
I also really like the Moving Comfort Sprint Tech Skort – BUT they didn’t have it in the store in the color I wanted and size I needed, so I rushed home and ordered it. BONUS – the color I wanted was on sale and I got free expatiated shipping!
Moving Comfort Sprint Tech Skort in Twilight – on sale now for $33!!!
11 miles on the schedule tomorrow, I think I’ll try out my new skirt. I’ll let you know how amazing it was.
Is it starting to get colder on your runs now? What’s your favorite cold weather running gear?
What do you look for in a running skirt? Favorite brands?
Favorite “warm-me-up” fall beverage?