Happy Friday everyone! I hope your week was splendid…but now let’s hear it for the weekend WOOOO!
5 things I’m diggin’ this week:
1. The Pro Compression 40% discount (use JJ40) through Hungry Runner Girl and their $150 race entry giveaway!! I’ve only worn Zensah calf sleeves so I’m excited to try out the PC Marathon sock – they’re on their way! I’ll be sure to do a gear review of them when they arrive…I’m hoping to wear them for my 10K next Sunday.
2. Fall-ifying my apartment is going really well (special thanks to my mom for sending me pumpkin and fall leaf themed EVERYTHING…oh and lots of treats)
3. cooler weather – it’s finally starting to feel like fall here in CO. Busting out the scarves and cute boots.
4. shopping for some new running skirts…looking for the perfect one to do my half in. I’m considering either the sprint tech skirt from Moving Comfort or Nike Rival skirt.
5. candy corn and dark choc m&ms – enough said
ALSO, this week I was invited to be a SweatPink ambassador!!! Super excited about that. What a great community to be a part of. I’ll blog more about that later. oh and I ordered SweatPink shoe laces for all my Team Luna Chix ladies.
Anyone have a favorite running skirt I should check out??
…whoa that’s a lot of F’s!! (FFGFFF) So I’m going to try doing the whole “favorite things Friday style blog posts – bear with me, here we go…
1. Newton Running customer support I cannot say enough how much I love Newton Running – both their shoes and business. About a month ago I got the Newton Gravity and recently noticed that I’ve been getting pain in my arches when I run in them further than about 4 miles. I popped onto their website and had a great and totally helpful chat with Liz from Newton customer support. I was concerned I needed a shoe with more arch support (I’ve never had this problem with my Terra Momentum) and was wondering if she would advice getting a shoe insert or possibly trying another model to be my road runners. The answer Liz gave was superb – she didn’t try to sell me anything new – and instead she sent me a whole bunch of videos about how to strengthen and stretch my feet so that running in a shoe with a smaller heel-to-toe drop doesn’t hurt. She assured me that over time by gradually increasing my mileage in the Gravity shoes my feet would become stronger. Kuddos to Newton Running for having a customer support team who knows their stuff!
2. Being able to run in the evenings and not die from the 100 degree weather Thank you fall for finally showing your face in Denver and giving me the option to run while the sun is actually up.
3. weekend long runs with my fav running buddy followed by brunch long runs are so much easier to look forward to when you know you’ll have your favorite running buddy by your side AND some delicious brunch waiting for you at the end.
4. butternut squash soup it just screams cozy fall dinner to me
5. fall scented candles and “fall-ifying” my apartment yes, I just coined the term “fall-ify” – it means to make something fall-festivity. I’ll bust out the pumpkin spice and caramel apple delight candles, cozy blankets and a candy jar full of CANDY CORN.
I hope everyone has a good start to the weekend. Race weekend or long run?